Woke up early to watch the mixed-double and MALAYSIA won ... they entered final!! Hope they will go for GOLD ... great feel.
Their opponents would be the pair which they lost in the group-stage. Hope they could overcome the Indonesians.
As for DOW30, we saw NEW HIGH last night ... 18636 level now. We will see 20 000 ... and no crash in-sight. Euphoria? Not in-sight either.
Well ... KLCI 1696 ... nearing 1700 ... nothing much. SELL SELL ... since nothing much, lets read an article about DISCIPLINE ... which the very important element to do great in many things ... including INVESTING and TRADING.
FIVE non-negotiable discipline of high-achievers
Daily interruptions are inevitable. Acting on a fear of missing out, we allow the beeps, dings and vibrations to interject, to assure us that we’re connected, and subconsciously we tell ourselves that that constant connection has no impact on the amount of work we can accomplish. But, in reality, we’re so bombarded with outside noise, it becomes almost impossible to avoid—and our productivity suffers because of it.
It takes a real effort—a conscious choice—to separate ourselves from that mindset. But when you adopt and practice the disciplines of high achievers, you will be better equipped to set goals and go get them, without losing focus or direction.
1. The Discipline of BelievingMost of us think about doing great things. The difference between the average person and the high achiever is a commitment to belief—because possessing the unqualified belief that you are capable of doing something is the first step to achieving it.
I like the way Will Smith put it: “There’s a redemptive power that making a choice has. Decide what you’re going to be, who you are going to be and then how you are going to do it. From that point on, the universe is going to get out of your way.”
When you commit, really commit to a choice, then everything else will fall into place to make it happen for you. Your decisions will be guided by your mindset.
TEH : Yes, as I believe in educating myself in trading, I will only listen to those experienced and sincere ones. Others are noises ... especially sales-promoters. Believe in ourselves is very important.
2. The Discipline of Eliminating InterruptionsThe world around you is structured to interrupt you. If you already struggle with focus, you are fighting a losing battle from the moment you wake. If you are normally a focused person but don’t control your environment, your day will become a series of interruptions. To combat this, you need to turn off everything that could attract your attention. Everything.
TEH : Yes ... I will put my hp in silent-mode ... and wont read messages etc etc during my morning trading hour.
My phone never makes an audible noise, I keep it face down most of the time so I can’t see the screen light up, and when I install new applications, I disable notifications. And that is exactly the way I want it. I lived a great life before text messages, and life will go on if I miss one now.
TEH : I do not read messages from most of my watsapp-groups, I don't join most of FB's group (only chat with my trading-group), I do not read telegram-groups messages tho I only joined 2-3 groups. I do not read any forums ... I do not read most of blogs these days too. Selective reading is my focus as I m tooooooo busy ... besides, most are noises.
3. The Discipline of Time ManagementSome might say time management is a myth because we have no control over time—it marches on with or without you. I don’t buy into that. But you should consider the limited amount of time you have to get things done. I know when you are sitting at a desk staring at a project all day, the eight hours ahead of you can feel like 100.
Most people build their lives around getting everything else done before getting to the fun stuff. I’m going to propose something crazy to you: Start with the fun stuff. Schedule them on a recurring basis and work the mundane around it.
I lay out my high priority items as recurring weekly appointments. The appointments are with nobody but me, and nobody will know if I miss them. My exercise time is scheduled three days a week at 6 p.m. Because health is a priority to me, I’ve made these non-negotiable in my mind. When that time of the day hits, I stop everything, change and go to the gym. Any work or other tasks will be there when I return.
Start doing the same on your calendar. It could be writing a book, spending time with a loved one, practicing piano or learning a new programming language. Nobody is going to knock on your door and push you to do it. It has to come from you. Be stingy with your time. Protect it.
TEH : Need to schedule my exercise time and stay DISCIPLINE on that. I need it ...yes, TIME is a commodity to me. I do not wish to waste my precious time ... I have loads of books to read, research to be done ... etc etc ...
4. The Discipline of Being HealthyIf your body is not capable of handling your goals, you will become physically and mentally exhausted.
To keep yourself healthy and ready to achieve your goals, you need to allocate regular, recurring time in your calendar to take care of your body—like I do with my gym time. Ideally this should be multiple times a week and it should be non-negotiable. Exercise, done correctly, trains your muscles, heart and lungs to withstand larger levels of stress. So if your body is used to the stress from regular exercise, it will have an easier time managing the stress in other areas of your life.
The better you are at managing your stress and energy, the better you will be at accomplishing the goals you have set for yourself
TEH : Just done my medical check-up this morning ... and will need to take good care of my healthy as I m going thru stressful period. If market is crashing (we at 1700 today, no worry) ... we want to be mentally prepared for that and ... emotionally strong.
5. The Discipline of IgnoranceIgnorance is the epitome of focusing. You can’t possibly know everything, and you don’t need to. Once you are willing to live with not knowing everything, the things you choose to pay attention to will get more of your attention and you will produce better results.
TEH : For past 10years ... I m so focus in changing my financial mindset ... so, I do not know LOTR ... or what Harry Porter is ... Warcraft? Pokémon ... what is that? I do not even bother to find out!! Haha ... yes, I m more concern about my own life ... which is complicated and busy enough.
If you want to achieve a higher level of skill at any venture in life, use this list to help you get started on your journey of being disciplined.
TEH : Ok ... few good reminders for me ... to maintain my discipline, especially the exercise and health part.
Have to run ... to go for a swim!!