Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Are there any monkeys in your life?
MOTIVATED to do things we want to do ... for the goodness of ourselves. For the goodness of people around us ... and simply making others achieving their own goals. I want to be a motivator! Haha.
Get a goal first.
2015 is coming ... many will be listing their 2015 resolution again, in which 20% of them will achieve 80% of their list(as they are specific and determined) while 80% of them cant even achieve 20% of those in their list(as they are un-realistic and full with excuses).
Monkey See Monkey Do
1. Start with a cage containing five apes. In the cage, hang a banana on a string and put stairs under it. Before long, an ape will go to the stairs and start to climb towards the banana.
2. As soon as the ape touches the stairs, spray all the apes with cold water. After a while, another ape makes an attempt with the same result - all the apes are sprayed with cold water.
3. Turn off the cold water. If, later, another ape tries to climb the stairs, the other apes will try to prevent it even though no water sprays them.
4. Now remove one ape from the cage and replace it with a new one. The new ape sees the banana and wants to climb the stairs. To his horror, all of the apes attack him. After another attempt and attack, he knows that if he tries to climb the stairs he will be assaulted.
5. Next, remove another of the original five apes and replace it with a new one. The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The former newcomer now takes part in the punishment with enthusiasm.
6. Again, replace a third original ape with a new one. The new one makes it to the stairs and is attacked as well. Two of the four apes that beat him have no idea why they were not permitted to climb the stairs or why they are participating in the beating of the newest ape.
7. After replacing the fourth and fifth original apes, all the apes which have been sprayed with cold water have been replaced.
Nevertheless, no ape ever again approaches the stairs. Why not?
BECAUSE, that’s the way it’s always been done around here.
I am reading the creator of the above link. He is a DOER ... and successfully earn millions now. Grab his book, and get excited again. This is for those YOUNG non-brainwashed(by society) readers of mine.
I am excited as I am reading my latest book ... the ONLY book that I continue to read till chapter 7 now, titled
" Are there any monkeys in your life?"
So motivated as he has similar wave-lengths as me ... struggled and to heck with surrounding.
Do read RDPD(someone MUST point out he is a bankrupt, instead of reading the contents. If you check with them ... the monkeys will tell you how BAD Kiyosaki is being a bankrupt ... and nothing constructive from them. They are MONKEYS ... eliminate them from your surrounding before you are infested with shit in your head).
Yes ... time to change into the NON-normal mindset ... today is a school-holiday. If I do not change merely 5 years ago, I will still be broke ... with debt and still in classes now, teaching. It is not that teaching is wrong ... ok? I love my teaching job ... but I planned some 5 years ago, I will want to be AT HOME ... to be with my family ... bring my kids to places they could enjoy and explore.
WAKE UP ... you cant do that without MONEY. We simple need freedom ... freedom come with a PRICE. The discipline part, the PAINFUL journey ... most of the time, we are alone. We are the outliers ... as monkeys around will be hanging around, to tell you WHY you should not do what you are doing ... dreaming of and setting the goals.
They are nicest people ... concerning about us. For me, they are my aunties who brought me up beautifully. But, it took me 40 years to appreciate them. Now, I no longer need to listen to them ... she will console me(it is ok ...) while another will criticize me(I told you so ...) ... we need to FREE ourselves from the surrounding ... unless we already sitting with those successful people, looking to share with us ... their wisdom.
Listen to only those successfully done what it takes ... whatever it takes. Crazy people who will go to long extend to go against the norm ... the flow as they know they have themselves to move their A*S ... no motivational clips could do that for ourselves. We need to be in the flow ... in-sync with ourselves, at our own pace ...
FEAR of failing is another topic which I will leave that. But, it is a HUGE factor, stopping us from doing what we want to do ... due to our surrounding full with MONKEYS ... reminding us about the COLD WATER which not even there!!
In trading ... as in everything we do, there are 80% of those out there trying to plant some ideas in us. Ignoring them is a huge challenge as that takes courage to be DIFFERENT ... un-normal and many will distant themselves from us. As I said, I rather to have few logical members to share, and be motivated to do better ... rather than have the huge greedy crowd(and lazy too)
Well ... I might want to have a free e-meeting to talk about HOW I changed my financial-mindset ... and everything else is history la.