KLCI breaching 1800 today ... IHH up 2%. Some telcos also moving.
Tenaga : It is time to clear her and let her to rest.
Maybank : Still showing strength, so to hold.
Bursa : Up again today ...
I am having a new bacth of student ... MOE, Maybank, BNM scholars students ... SPM 9-A-star above. Most studious type ... and majority Chinese. Do not expect anything less from these students ... they are the 'cream' when it comes to ACADEMIC ... given a task, expect them to complete it above normal expectations. They have to maintain their good results, to be able to be fully-sponsored ... and going into top Universities around. Amazing batch ... intimidating for those in-experienced lecturers to teach them.
So, instead of teaching them boring stuff like "Normal Distributions", I prefer to teach them WHY majority of human are NORMAL ... and being normal is OK, but not good enough to success in anything!! We can't do what others doing, and expect success ...? We need to define our own success, our path ... goals and just do it. We could learn from those who successfully done it ... and emulate their points or attitudes.
So ... I will be sharing with them 'Monkey See, Monkey Do' concept to them in next class and asked them to 'goggle' to read about it first. That is their first MATH assignment!! Haha
Monkey See Monkey Do
1. Start with a cage containing five apes. In the cage, hang a banana on a string and put stairs under it. Before long, an ape will go to the stairs and start to climb towards the banana.
2. As soon as the ape touches the stairs, spray all the apes with cold water. After a while, another ape makes an attempt with the same result - all the apes are sprayed with cold water.
3. Turn off the cold water. If, later, another ape tries to climb the stairs, the other apes will try to prevent it even though no water sprays them.
4. Now remove one ape from the cage and replace it with a new one. The new ape sees the banana and wants to climb the stairs. To his horror, all of the apes attack him. After another attempt and attack, he knows that if he tries to climb the stairs he will be assaulted.
5. Next, remove another of the original five apes and replace it with a new one. The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The former newcomer now takes part in the punishment with enthusiasm.
6. Again, replace a third original ape with a new one. The new one makes it to the stairs and is attacked as well. Two of the four apes that beat him have no idea why they were not permitted to climb the stairs or why they are participating in the beating of the newest ape.
7. After replacing the fourth and fifth original apes, all the apes which have been sprayed with cold water have been replaced.
Nevertheless, no ape ever again approaches the stairs. Why not?
BECAUSE, that’s the way it’s always been done around here.
Read the above, absorb it deeply ... THINK. Why in investing-trading we should NOT follow the crowds?