Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Stock Watch

DRB-Hicom : The news is out. They won the POS. Technically, the next leg up, it will test its new high. Considering cc or cd later.




KPJ : Back to support seen at RM4. Good stock to grab.

9.10 am : Grabbed DRB-cd at 0.22 and 0.225.

9.50 am : KLCI in green.

Genting : Genting up. My Genting-cv doing well today.

MPHB-cd : Good movement, my largest position amongst all my CWs.

10.15 am : Genting-cv cleared all at 0.160 for contra-trade. Bought 0.150 on 2 days ago.

PChem-ca : Will hold her till volumes dry-up or no longer attractive.

MPHB : Reaching for RM3 now. watching.

11.15 am : KLCI up 7 points.

Genting : Breaching 11.40 resistance, and see if it could sustain. As I hv cleared my cv, if I want her back, I shall wait for Genting to confirm breaching of 11.40, and retraces back to 11.40 support level(by then). So, no chasing ... as I am moving into DRB-cd this morning.

MPHB : New high registered today ... at 2.99. MPHB-cd doing very well and will let the winner runs ...

MPHB-cd : Cleared half at 0.310, market price as huge selling of MPHB at RM3.00. Keep another half if I need to see if huge buying is here to grab at RM3.

5.05 pm : KLCI up 9 points. Bullish.

I was busy wil classes the whole day but managed to clear Genting-cv(ouch ... it moves higher, at 0.170 now) and MPHB-cd(0.31 and 0.33 done - left 0.35 level).

What I failed is to get the MOST out of my trades. I was too random. While buying hugely into MPHB-cd was a good decision, another huge one is PChem-ca which not moving much. I only grabbed little of Genting-cv, even that I cleared far too early. Yes, I wss running for classes and very busy ... I could NOT monitor and could only queue at levels to take profits and let it be. I am so busy that I did not buy-back Genting-cv.

Never mind ... just need to do more homework tonight and see what else to buy or should I buyback my Genting or MPHB.


DRB-HICOM wins Pos stake by Francis Fernandez

Published: 2011/04/20

Kuala Lumpur: Tan Sri Syed Mokhtar Al Bukhary's DRB-HICOM Bhd has won a bid to take over national postal company Pos Malaysia Bhd, people familiar with the matter said yesterday.

Business Times understands that DRB-HICOM will sign an agreement with Khazanah Nasional Bhd early next week to buy the latter's Pos Malaysia stake.

DRB-HICOM sees Pos Malaysia as a crucial fit to expand its Islamic banking operation, now parked under Bank Muamalat Malaysia Bhd.

Khazanah, the government investment arm, currently holds 30 per cent of Bank Muamalat, while the remaining 70 per cent is owned by DRB-HICOM.

It is understood that DRB-HICOM is buying Pos Malaysia from Khazanah for about RM3.60 a share. The latter currently owns 32.21 per cent of Pos Malaysia.
The deal will value Khazanah's Pos Malaysia stake at about RM623 million.

Last year, Khazanah had called an open bidding process for suitors of Pos Malaysia.

About a week ago, two companies - DRB-HICOM and Scomi Group Bhd - were shortlisted by the Khazanah board.

It is understood that the DRB-HICOM bid was the most attractive option for Pos Malaysia because of the conglomerate's plan to eventually inject Bank Muamalat, the country's second full-fledged Islamic bank, into it.

This, in turn, will provide Bank Muamalat with a much wider network nationwide.

There are currently some 692 post offices and 355 mini post offices, according to Pos Malaysia's website.

TEH : It is my 'dream' to visit most of the towns and cities in Malaysia by BIKE. Yes, not my kap-cai ... but in a 'bigger' one. And I will want to visit most of the post office all over the Malaysia. That is my dream .. only my wife heard of such crazy plans!! Haha. I will do that once I retired from my full-time job ... I m too tied down now with works and kids.

Bank Muamalat, meanwhile, has 46 branches.

For the 15 months ended March 31 2010, Bank Muamalat posted a pre-tax profit of RM142 million versus RM44.1 million in the corresponding period in 2008,

Its total assets rose to RM16.7 billion from RM14.4 billion previously.

Bank Muamalat's 2010 financial year tracked 15 months instead of 12 months because it was changing its year-end to March 31 from December 31 to coincide with its parent's financial year.


TEH

1 comment:

sixjuly.blogspot.com said...

Biking on a big bike sounds great!.. but procrastinating this is a terrible idea... do what you like whenever possible and whenever soonest and live like there is no tomorrow!... cheers!